Where's the Control?

I want it. I don’t have it. In fact, no one seems to have it. It’s completely disappeared. I know for sure he doesn’t have it. But is he going to find it? If only I knew that answer.

Monday 14 December 2009

Writing has helped

With everything that's been going on, it has helped me loads to write things down and keep a kind of diary. I don't write every day, only when I need to or find the time, but it really has helped. If you haven't got many people to talk to about your problems, or you feel too ashamed to let your friends and family know, then it is a great way to get some release and feel like it's not all just being bottled up. That is one reason why I decided to start this blog. I'm hoping that other people will relate to my story and what is going on, and then we can both take a little comfort in the fact that we are not alone.
.
Sometimes I have felt like I'm the only person in the world going through these problems, and while it is true that noone else is in exactly the same situation as me, there are people who are going through similar things. I have read forums for friends and family of alcoholics, although I am yet to post on any myself. I have found quite a few similar stories to mine, but most of the posts I have read are by women who have since split from their alcoholic partners. I am yet to find many stories where the alcoholic is in recovery or been sober for years, and the relationship survived. So if anyone out there has a story like this with a happy ending, I would love to hear it!

No comments:

Post a Comment