Where's the Control?

I want it. I don’t have it. In fact, no one seems to have it. It’s completely disappeared. I know for sure he doesn’t have it. But is he going to find it? If only I knew that answer.

Wednesday 6 January 2010

Just how do I feel?

I've begun to realise from reading the Codependency books, that I don't know how I do feel most of the time. Either that, or my emotions change so quickly that I can't keep track of them. I know I feel all these emotions at various times though (sometimes all at once!):
.
Anger - I am so angry that he can't just get himself together. If he truly loves me, why isn't he getting that much better so we can have our happy life together? I'm angry that he is constantly living in the past and using what has happened to him in his life as excuses all the time. I'm very angry when he lies to me, and when he makes things out to be my fault.
.
Sadness - I get so sad at seeing the man I love hurting himself like this. I am sad for the life he, and we, probably won't be able to have together.
.
Fear - I'm scared of getting to the point where I really can't and won't take any more and we have to split up. I'm scared that if we do split up he will go off with another woman (basically, sleep around), and then we really would never be able to get back together. I'm also scared that I would never get to the point when I've had enough, and I would waste my life waiting for him to get better. I suppose I'm a little scared of being on my own and then having to go through meeting someone else and trying to start a new relationship.

No comments:

Post a Comment