Where's the Control?

I want it. I don’t have it. In fact, no one seems to have it. It’s completely disappeared. I know for sure he doesn’t have it. But is he going to find it? If only I knew that answer.

Sunday 10 January 2010

Improving - what next?

Things seem to be improving. That makes me suspicious. Something bad is bound to creep up on me/us - I feel like I'm being lulled into a false sense of security. I know this seems very paranoid, but I think it is being realistic. I'm just trying to prepare myself a little for the inevitable drop back down to earth.
.
It is difficult because I don't want to talk too much about my boyfriend's personal life, but I also need to talk about some things as they relate to how I feel. The main fact I am most pleased about is that since the 1st January, he has not been completely drunk. I know he has consumed alcohol on at least 1 occasion, but it was nowhere near how much he would normally drink, and he managed to stop himself from continually drinking. I am very proud of him for that.
.
The problem I have is that as soon as he does get completely drunk again, I am going to feel so disappointed and like we are back at square 1 again. I probably shouldn't feel like that - drinking once isn't the end of the world - but I know that is going to be my reaction.

No comments:

Post a Comment